Barking Cat Pet Photography Terms & Conditions:
1. Fees: Session fees (if applicable – not relevant for some charity events,) must be paid before commencement of the photo session.
2. Product Selection: Images from the session will be edited, refined and uploaded to an online gallery. You will receive a link via email for browsing and selecting any product(s) included in the session offer. Additional prints and products can also be ordered from the gallery.
3. Use. Barking Cat may use images from the session as examples of and to promote our services (e.g. on social media, in a display, in a competition, etc.) If you do not want images used in this way, please tell the photographer before the session. We will not sell images featuring recognisable people (e.g. stock images, art works, etc.) without their written consent.
4. Image Copyright remains with Barking Cat in line with the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. Digital products supplied to the client are licensed for their personal use for social media, emailing or websites and for printing (up to 4” x 6”.) This license applies so long as products remain unaltered and retain small copyright watermarks. It is unlawful to print or use copyrighted images in other ways without written agreement from Barking Cat Pet Photography.
5. Waiver of Liability. Barking Cat will take all reasonable steps to reduce risks to health and safety during photo sessions. However you (the client) will be responsible for ensuring your own health, safety and welfare and that of any animals or young people under 16 in your care throughout the session (and agree to remain with them at all times.) You agree to release the photographer, other employees or agents of Barking Cat Pet Photography from all claims, damages and liabilities that may result from accidents or incidents that occur during or after a photo session. This includes waiver of any claim that may be a result of negligence.
6. Quality. If due to equipment malfunction, weather conditions, etc. the photographer believes there are insufficient quality images from a session, they will offer a refund (if a fee has been paid) but no other form of compensation. If the photographer determines there are sufficient quality images but the client is unhappy with these, Barking Cat will attempt to adjust these to meet client requirements. However there will be no refund. Barking Cat retains artistic license regarding poses, location, image refinement and the number and presentation of images from photo sessions.
7. Data Protection. Barking Cat will store your name, address and other information you have given securely, using it only for the purpose of supplying services and providing updates on Barking Cat services in future. No confidential details will be shared with any third parties. Contact Barking Cat if you wish for your information to be removed and/or to receive no further email, phone or postal contact from Barking Cat.
Barking Cat Pet Photography Policy on Photographing Children and Young People Under 16
1. Purpose. This policy is a supplement to the Barking Cat Pet Photography (Barking Cat) Terms and Conditions and should be read in conjunction with this by parents/carers of children and young people under 16 who will be participating in Barking Cat photo sessions. Please pay specific attention to the following sections of the Terms and Conditions:
Section 3: How images from the session will be used.
Section 5: Waiver of Liability and responsibility for health, safety and welfare.
Agreement: Tick and sign this section only when the Terms and Conditions and this policy have been read and understood.
2. Protection of Vulnerable Groups. Barking Cat photographer Kimberly Smith (Kim) is a member of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme for Children and Young People through Disclosure Scotland. Please let Kim know if you wish to see her membership certificate and she will happily provide this.
3. Safeguarding. Barking Cat will take all reasonable steps to promote the safety and welfare of children and young people featuring in images on its website, social media channels, displays or for any other promotional or information purposes. This will include the following:
A. Images containing identifiable children or young people under 16 will not include the full name, address or any similar information that could identify the child either within the caption or in text near the images.
B. Only images of children fully and appropriately clothed will be used.
C. All images used electronically will bear a watermark and copyright notice and be of low resolution to deter downloading.
D. A copyright notice will state that it is illegal under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 to use or alter copyrighted images without expressed consent of Barking Cat.